6.08.2009

Distance

I feel like I've been totally separated from the youth group lately. And I know that I just moved up to the college group, so that's inevitable. But I just feel like I haven't even seen a lot of people in weeks. I'll take the blame. I definitely haven't been trying to get more involved or anything. But it's partially because of how dead the group has felt lately. I feel like the year ended in a total routine way. And I feel like church has been like that in general for a while now. People go, they sit and listen, they talk a little, and they leave. That's all I've seen forever now. It's really starting to get discouraging. There are bright spots here and there, but on the overall, everything is boring and the same week in and week out. I'm tired of "building a foundation" so we can eventually go deeper. I'm tired of "before you get the rest, you have to get this." I'm pretty sure those of us who have heard the basis for a while understand it about as well as we're ever going to and it's not helping to hear it over and over again. It's truth, and it's amazing truth, but it's the same truth that I heard last week and the week before that, and you get the idea. I want to know more about love, I want to know more about peace, I want to know more about promises, I want to know more about God. I get grace, I get TULIP, I get calvinism as much as I'm going to I'm pretty sure. And hearing the same old isn't adding anything. I want to grow.

This is venting, but it's not exaggeration.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Arch!
    I have been praying for you!
    I think Sean's teaching this week at the Reformation Conferance may help this problem. We will see.

    ReplyDelete