3.17.2009

Returning

It's always amazing to me that I could ever leave the fold of God. I am loved and accepted by the most holy and perfect God. And I love that, and I love Him back so much. And I find sincere and overwhelming joy when I'm lost in Him. He totally covers all of my imperfections with His grace, and at times He removes all my doubting. There are moments, and sometimes even whole days, where I let myself let go of pretty much everything else and just embrace His love, grace, mercy, everything He offers. And I can say that days like that, or even near that, are the best days of my life. There is no question. There is no joy, no peace, no hope, nothing better than what Our Lord provides. And still, despite all that He is and all that He does, I somehow choose to seek other things. But instead of dwelling on my own stupidity and wandering, I want to share something more exciting: returning to Him. It is so amazing to return to the arms of God after wandering alone in the cold world. So comforting to become reacquainted with the wondrous love that He shares. There really is no rest outside of Him, no peace, no joy, no hope outside of Him. And being able to return to a God who loves unconditionally is so amazing. To be able to return and experience His love as if I'd never left in the first place. What amazing grace this is, the love of God. And there is no power on earth or in heaven or under the earth that can fully separate me from it. Whether it be temptation or trials or the world or myself, there is nothing that can keep His Love from me. Even though I leave Him for no reason, He still loves me for no reason. At least no reason that I can think of, except for the fact that He is Love.

Jeremiah 2:5
This is what the LORD says:
"What fault did your fathers find in me,
that they strayed so far from me?"

1 comment: